Thursday, January 27, 2011

Photo of a fierce, hungry crocodile

OK. This is not a nice crocodile. This is a photo of a large, hungry crocodile.

Several people yesterday left comments that they hoped my crocodile photos were taken with a telephoto lens. They were not. I took this photo from a distance of about 6 or 7 feet, a little more than 2 meters. I was in the safety of a boat.

You can tell from the angle of the photograph that I was shooting down on the crocodile at close range, as I could not get this angle if I were far away from the crocodile.

Once I was taking a photo of a crocodile on a river bank at such close range that when he scampered into the river he splattered me with mud.

Because of the comments I had yesterday, I will change my post for tomorrow and show the type of boat used for the wildlife trips for photographs such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment