Common Name : Carpet python
Location : New Guinea, Australia (New South Wales, North Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria except South, N and S West Australia; not in the arid center of Australia)
- cheynei : NE Queensland
- harrisoni : southern coast of Papua New Guinea to the Indonesian part of West Papua (formerly Irian Jaya), in West Papua up to Merauke.
- mcdowelli : from N Cape York through Queensland to N New South Wales
- metcalfei : from S Queensland, New South Wales and N Victoria to South Australia.
- spilota : coastal New South Wales.
- imbricata : S West Australia.
- variegata : remainder of Australian range.
Type locality : Australia.