Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Large bat-like creature sighting in California

Normally, only UFO and extraterrestrial sightings are reported to MUFON but this one was. It is a report of a bat-like creature, purported to have been seen near Lodi, California and it is interesting.


"Bat Creature" by SW

MUFON Case 23617
2010-05-14 at 02:45
Lodi, California

I had taken my dogs for a run early in the morning - about 2:30 on May 14th 2010. I was southeast of Lodi on Live Oak Road where the road to the winery intersects. There are outside lights and I saw something crouched in the road which I thought at first was a coyote eating something. Then it stood up and was about 4 1/2 feet tall so I knew it wasn't a coyote. It stooped back down and appeared to gather up whatever it had been eating; gave a little hop and soared away over the grapevines in an up down, up down motion. The wings sort of glistened in the light and did not seem to have feathers. I thought it looked like a gigantic bat, but have never heard of a bat that big. The dogs seemed to be frightened and jumped into the car. I was so amazed at what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment